Sunday, September 11, 2011

Little's Big Game

Yesterday was the big day! Little got up and ready for her big game. I had to work so I met BG, Unc, and the kids at the soccer field. Little ran over and hid between my legs. That should have been my first clue that this would be no ordinary soccer game.


Before the game!

Little did not warm up, or do the team cheer "Hiya!", or play at all.

Heading to the bench.


We did manage to get her out on the field once. Coach asked her to kick the ball. She toed it with her cleat and the collapsed.

Time on the field

 BG and I were fussing at each other because of lack of sleep, lack of chairs, and lack of video camera.

At least she watched her teammates play.

Little did want to climb a tree and have a snack. It's ok. I hope she will become more comfortable playing. I think she was nervous about there being so many people watching. At least Tiny had fun playing in the grass!

Yay Tiny!!!

So...what we learned...Little may not play in a game at all this season. Is that ok? Yes it is. She may or may not play but she has fun at practice and is just learning about soccer.

Oh and this morning she tells me "Mom I am not dramatic...I am just a kid." What do I say to that?


The not so much "Soccer" Soccer Mom,

BE

No comments:

Post a Comment