Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Now, Who are you again?

Nine years ago on a cold college campus a girl traveled from one dorm to the other to hang out and get drunk. As she entered the room little did she know the man  boy sitting there watching JACKASS would be her love, her prince, her soul mate. That night a bond was formed like no other and 9 years later the romance has never stopped.  Bus Guy (BG) and I met in a friends dorm room and by the next semester I had (how do you say quit politely?) removed myself voluntarily from the college situation. I came home lived with "The Cruisers" AKA Mom and Dad for a few years while I worked and took classes. Then one highly overpriced morning we made it official with 400 of our closest friends. The day BG and I got married was one of the top three days in my life. We "set up housekeeping" in the town we both grew up in and lived in a small apartment just around the corner from both The Cruisers and The Panthers Fan AKA my Mother-in-law. We lived, we loved, we never did laundry and were overall bad house keepers. Our first house is even closer to our parents and we were only planning on being in the great "starter house" for 5 years...5 years later and there is no end to this house in sight.

Little Girl

Little joined us on a hot and annoying May evening after MANY hours of Cervadil and no labor. We had been married almost three years at that point and just knew that anything our love could produce would be perfection. We were right, she was 9lbs 10ozs of sleeping through the night, breastfeeding, smiling perfection and she's cute too! Little breastfed for 7 months with supplementation then a switch to formula. Little is now three and some of the smiling has been replaced by scowling but she is even smarter then we could have dreamed. Most everyday I am astonished by her. On any given day she wants to be a teacher, princess, construction worker, and baby smothering machine. She does not listen to direction. At all. Ever. She does listen to everything else you say and wish she wouldn't hear. Sometimes, BG and I look at each other and say ...ummmm what do we do next ? The parenting decisions we never knew how to make are daily with Little and if nothing else she makes us laugh nonstop.

Tiny Girl
Tiny ...Tiny is our newest addition. Born November 2010, Tiny has just been one surprise after another. Although she was a surprise I knew immediately that I was pregnant and fell so deeply in love with our family of four right away. Tiny was, well Tiny, at 7lbs 3ozs and my planned c-section happened 9 days before I planned because of pre-eclampsia. She is now 9 months old and still exclusively breastfed with some table foods and some purees at The Panthers Fan's house. She is one serious baby but is now speaking up in this mad house and letting us know what she's about. The girl LOVES to eat paper. She will chase little specks of paper around the den. I see a lot of BG in this one. The good and the parts we would like to tweak. Nothing  lights up my day like Tiny yelling "MAMAMAMA". Again, perfection.

The Girls

Possible future baby somewhere in Heaven. BG and I had a looooooong talk recently about another child. This very serious discussion happened while I was in the shower and he was standing outside of the shower talking. I have not showered alone in 3 years now. Despite that fact BG and I have made a plan for possible baby 3 someday. NOT tomorrow and NOT before Tiny is potty trained. So please Panters Fan and Cruisers don't be scared. The bottom line is we are not done.

Tiny and Bus Guy


Bus Guy travels for work...he works on buses installing Mobile DVR systems so the school system can see when your kid beats the crap out of someone's kid. You would not BELIEVE what your children are doing on school buses. BG is great and a funny guy. He likes video games and to fish. He does not like to read quietly or go to art museums. Just sayin'. He is a wonderful father and both girls have him wrapped. Bus Guy is the guy for me.

Bus Guy and Little


Rosie and Miata are out two feline companions. They don't get catchy code names as they have no privacy to maintain. If you want to argue with me about this I can point out multiple examples of them licking themselves in public.



Tiny and I

And then there is me. The only blue eyed one in the house. 27, I  work in health care billing. I dream of the day when I can become a Lactation Consultant and Breastfeeding Educator. I educated my pediatrician the other day, she didn't know about lactation cookies.Yum. I read, I write, I wipe noses and butts. I hate house work but long to be Rachael Ray. The Male Cruiser says I am artsy fartsy and dramatic.  BG says I am a good mom. I wish I would cloth diaper. I am trying to ban Nestle in my house (You don't even know). I love entertainment gossip. I am forever googling. My Kindle is like crack to me and I am shy.



So this is our story and it is a never ending adventure.


Quote of the Day " Don't put the Cheerio box on your sister's head!"

No comments:

Post a Comment