Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Flower Gleam and Glow....

My favorite scene.

You were all almost subjected to a post about how the movie Tangled has taken over our household. We have now watched this Disney masterpiece three times in the last 5 days. I looked all over the house and found Rapunzel staring back at me from almost every room. Then I thought about Mandy Moore and my never ending girl crush on her. I mean how can you not have a girl crush on Mandy Moore?

See !?

 Ok, back to my point. So I decided NOT to subject you all to commentary on Tangled even though I can now sing all the songs along with the movie. BTW Mother Knows Best is my fave. So as I was taking some pics of Rapunzel from around the house I realized it. I have girls. This became even more apparent to me once Little told BG on the phone her favorite color is Pink but only in the summertime. WHAT!?!?!?!?! When did that happen?


Hello there characters from Tangled

 You know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. Neither would BG. If we have a boy at some point we will be happy if we don't and we have another girl nothing will change on the happy scale. It is interesting though. We are trying to raise well rounded girls and we are making sure they are exposed to a variety of toys and activities. Our goal is to raise women who see their own value. I recently was listening to the radio and they were quoting a study about kid's TV shows and how the core values that have been a part of TV for the last 5 decades have just now changed. The focus and lesson for 5 decades was community and doing the right thing for all involved. The lessons now are about fame, money, and what people can do for you. This of course is not in preschool programming but in the school age shows. It is our job as parents to counteract what they will get from outside sources. I will tell you this, BG and I will fight the battle for our girls to respect themselves and others no matter how much they end up disliking us. :)



There you are !

As mother I spend most of my time tired, dirty, worried, and always thinking about how life should be for my girls. All of the major things we teach them will be passed on in the way they live their lives one way or the other. All I can do is hold on and pray that the lessons they receive from the community that is raising them is enough. Heavy stuff because parenthood isn't an easy job. They are sleeping now. They fell asleep watching Tangled. I am ok that tonight they will dream about a girl in a tower that didn't need a man to rescue her. All she needed was her kindness, a frying pan, and some kick ass magic hair.


Yep, here too!

On a lighter note Little made up a song to sing while I nurse Tiny:
"She's workin' on the Boob , she's workin' on the Boob. Hi Ho the Dairy-O she's workin' on the BOOB!"

Little watching Tangled, again.


Workin' On the Boob,

BE


2 comments:

  1. I am fairly certain you have had a girl crush on Mandy Moore ever since you were 15, if my memory serves me correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I am very loyal to my crushes :)

    ReplyDelete