Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Birthday My Lovie!

My Tiny Girl is one and I continue to alternate between excitement and sadness. It seems like this last year has gone by so fast. We woke up on her birthday and cuddled and snuggled. It was a great morning . That night we had a small family party at our favorite pizza place. I also went and got some of our favorite cupcakes. BG unfortunately missed the dinner but did make it home from Virginia before she fell asleep. She was nursing and saw him enter the room out of the corner of her eye. She immediately unlatched and started yelling at him until he picked her up!

Yum.


 We also gained another member of our extended family on Tiny's birthday! You have been introduced to Mario, who is one of Little's best friends, but I grew up with Mario's Daddy and all his Aunts and his Uncle. Mario's Aunt had a baby boy on Tine's birthday! He is the 4th boy grand baby in the family and we are so happy to welcome Baby B to the world!

So I wrote a little letter to Tiny for her birthday, If it's too mushy for you skip it, then go have a baby and let them turn one, the return to this post and cry like a baby because your baby is one. Got it. Good.



Dear My Tiny Love,

One year ago today you joined our family. I remember laying in the hospital bed waiting for my turn in the OR and wondering what you would be like. Now, It seems like you have always been here and it's hard to think of a time when our family didn't have you around.You have always belonged with us. You remind me so much of your Daddy. Your facial expressions and temper are a mirror of him. It makes me so happy to watch the two of you together. You can be both the silliest baby and the most serious. A lot has changed in the last year and for the first time in a long time we have hope and are content with the changes we face. You, my love, have been such a source of joy and comfort. Your smile and the way you and Little giggle together makes me both fill up with love and burst with pride. You and your sister have been the driving force in my life. I am very proud of our relationship and how we have nurtured each other this year. I promise to continue to do my best as your mother and to allow myself to grow and learn from you and your sister. I love you my Pteranadon! Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mommy



Always,

BE

No comments:

Post a Comment