Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Five Little Things

So this is the time of the year when people sit around tables and talk about how grateful they are for things. Am I grateful for my family? Sure. Do I thank God for my house and car? Yeppers. Am I glad I have a job? You Betcha'.

Here are a few more less "Thanksgivingy" things that I am grateful for:

1- Little's Drama- I recently shared a blog post on Facebook from Rants From Mommy Land in which  Lydia compares living with a three year old to living in a Telenovela. Our personal Telenovela is Littlemundo.She even speaks some Spanish after a few episodes of Dora or Diego. The little senorita is full of drama, stubbornness, and I swear sometimes she has an evil twin. Although I might not appreciate it when we are trying to get out the door in the morning and she burst into tears for the fifth time, I do appreciate that I have a little girl that has imagination and expresses herself. It is also a sign that she is reaching her emotional development milestones. Yay Early Childhood Development!

2- My Messy House- My children have toys to play with. We have clothes to pile up in the laundry baskets. We have food to cook so we have dishes to wash. We have decorations for holidays that need to be put away. Without all these things my house wouldn't be a disaster. I am so grateful for my disaster.

3- My Medela Pump- Without which, I would not be able to work. It has been a good pump and seen me through two babies. For FBH I will need a new one because using my Medela for the past thirteen months has lessened it's effectiveness. When Tiny heads to college and I finally stop nursing her I will bid it farewell and start researching another pump. (Seriously people I said she wouldn't go to college nursing)

4-BG's Relationship with Tiny- BG hasn't been able to be around for much of Tines' first year. I have been the parent that has been around to get to see her personality start to develop. The other day I walked in and the two of them were playing on the floor of the playroom and giggling. I am so happy that they are getting to learn each other now. BG being gone was harder on Little because she missed him but I think it was worse on his relationship with Tiny because they just didn't get to know each other. When he was able to be home most of that time was spent with Little or me. It makes me beyond happy to see them playing together.

5- This Blog- It equals me time. It also has given me a place to document my children. These days our lives are so busy and things change so fast that it is hard to really remember all the funny and challenging things that happen when you are a mother. I am lucky that I enjoy writing and have a way to document my children for my future self and for others who love them. I also get to share a lot of who I am. I am not just Little and Tiny's Mommy and I am not just BG's wife. I get to be BE and share our story.

So maybe they aren't LITTLE things but they aren't the ordinary answers. This post ended up feeling way mushier then I thought it would. I guess whenever you start thinking about the blessings and good things in your life one tends to get a wee bit mushy.

Another thing I am thankful for is stuffing (dressing, for those of you who are southern). Stuffing and Sweet Potato casserole are hands down my favs. Oh and red cabbage. AND FRIED TURKEY. Yummmmmm. See why I love Thanksgiving?

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I will post again after the Holiday so you can see how awesome it is to camp at Thanksgiving.

All about some Thankfulness,

BE

No comments:

Post a Comment